The decoupage is the latest trend in DIY home decor. It is the art of decorating a bottle or container with beautiful papers and other decorative elements.
Normally decoupage is done with special tissues that are meant for this purpose. But if you are all for upcycling, then you can do a beautiful decoupage using normal paper. Papers from books or old magazines can be used for this purpose.
Now that Christmas is around the corner, I thought of preparing a decoupage container for Christmas decor. In this blog, I will show you how to decoupage using a normal printed paper.
Things You Need
- Bottle or container for decoupaging
- Beautiful picture of your choice. I have selected a Christmas theme picture for decoupaging.
- White acrylic paint.
- Fevicol or any other craft glue.
- Keep all things ready
3. First, cut the picture from the paper.
4. Apply Fevicol on the front side of the picture. Make sure that Fevicol is evenly spread.
5. Once done, stick it inside the container. While sticking, make sure that there are no air bubbles trapped inside as it can affect the finish of the work.
5. Once you are done with pasting leave it for some time so that the Fevicol becomes dry. Now, you can paint the container from inside using white acrylic paint.
6. Leave the container for drying.
Now your decoupaged container is ready.
You can display the container as such or place beautiful flowers inside.