I am a huge fan of upcycling. Whether it is old clothes, bottles, containers or even newspapers, I believe in upcycling or reusing it in some way or the other.
I have some beautiful mason jars in my collection which I want to upcycle into something interesting. That is when I chanced upon some exciting DIY candle holders from Decoist. Taking inspiration from their projects, I have come up with my own version of DIY Christmas Candle Holder.
Things you need
- Mason jar or any small bottle of your choice.
- Acrylic paint of any color. I used Fabrica acrylic color.
- Stencil of any picture. Here I took a cut-out of a star, instead of a stencil.
- Keep all the things ready.
2. Paint the bottle with any color of your choice.
3. Once done stick the cut-out on top of the bottle. If you are using a stencil, you can skip this step.
4. Now slowly trace the cut-out (stencil) using a knife.
5. Once done, you can peel the paint in the shape of the picture. If the paint is completely dry, you can easily peel it. Mine was not completely dry and hence this messy look.
6. Now your DIY Christmas candle holder is ready. You can decorate it with glitters or other embellishments.